- 1 kg beef, cut into cubes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cm galanga, peeled & crushed
- 2 stalks lemon grass, crushed
- lime juice from half lime
- 7 red chilies (the long one, approx 10 cm,
here they call it pepperoni),
seeded & finely chopped/crushed
to be mixed and finely crushed (you can use blender):
- 7-10 cloves shallot (small onion)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cm tumeric (curcuma), peeled, or using the powder one.
- 1 cm ginger, peeled, or using the powder one.
- 2 salam leaves
- 2 kemiri nut, finely crushed
put beef and all ingredients in sauce pan.
heat it with medium heat until the sauce is thick
(approx 2-3 hours).
About the ingredients: